THE NEXT J DAY IS SATURDAY 6 MAY 2017
J Day is a worldwide protest against prohibition and a celebration of Kiwi cannabis culture, held on the first Saturday in May every year.
NORML and our cannabis law reform friends organise free events nationwide to mark the occasion. These usually take the form of music, speeches and stalls in a park or suitable location. J Day is where you can meet like minded people, relax without fear, learn how you can help make cannabis legal, join NORML and meet us too!
2017 New Zealand J Day nationwide locations:
WHANGAREI William Fraser Park
AUCKLAND Albert Park
TAUPO The Black Shed
WELLINGTON – TBC
NELSON Trafalgar Steps – TBC
CHRISTCHURCH Latimer Square
DUNEDIN The Octagon
The 26th Annual national day of action supporting cannabis law reform, including safe legal access to medicinal cannabis.
For more information including the latest news, see:
How you can help:
- Spread the word – online and in real life
- Roll up and bring your buddies – don’t forget and bring a crew
- Be responsible and dress to impress – don’t give the haters and reason to hate us
- Donate to NORML – J Day costs us $1000’s to put on, we need your donations to keep doing this
- Join NORML – we need more helpers and activists, urgently!
- Help put up posters or distribute our J Day fliers
- Volunteer to help on the day – at the information booth, helping set up, tidying afterwards, crowd marshalls… contact your local J Day organiser to see what they need help with
- Bring a sign or banner or wear your favourite cannabis/hemp t shirt
- Support our supporters – buy something from the stalls, choose to shop at our sponsors
2016 marked 40 years of enforcing the Misuse of Drugs Act (took effect 1976), 25 years of J-Day (NORML founded J Day in 1992), and 20 years of the ALCP (founded 1996)!