J Day this year is Saturday 7 May, 2022
NEW ZEALAND LOCATIONS:
WHANGAREI – TBC
AUCKLAND – Albert Park (music and speakers, on the mightly JAFA Mafia sound system, plus market stalls and information booths. Artists and lineup TBC.)
HASTINGS – TBC
WELLINGTON – TBC
CHRISTCHURCH – TBC
DUNEDIN – TBC
All events are R18 | Free | High Noon to 4:20pm
J Day is a worldwide protest against prohibition and a celebration of Kiwi cannabis culture, held on the first Saturday in May every year, in over 100 cities around the world.
This will be NORML’s 30th Annual national day of action supporting cannabis law reform (J Day began in 1992 but was not held in 2020 due to Covid), including safe legal access to medicinal cannabis.
NORML and our cannabis law reform friends organise free events nationwide to mark the occasion. These usually take the form of music, speeches and stalls in a park or suitable location. J Day is where you can meet like minded people, relax without fear, learn how you can help make cannabis legal, join NORML and meet us too!
J Day is held outdoors in a park. There are currently no special restrictions on outdoor events. However due to the presence of Covid in the community we ask everyone to act responsibly and safely, by:
- not sharing joints or pipes;
- wearing a face mask, if you’re in close proximity to others;
- scanning the Covid QR code on entering the venue (optional)
- staying home if unwell, symptomatic, or told to isolate.
For more information including the latest news, see:
How you can help:
- Spread the word – online and in real life. Share our artwork above by right-clicking or tap and save.
- Help organise a local event!
- Roll up and bring your buddies – don’t forget and bring a crew
- Be responsible and dress to impress – don’t give the haters and reason to hate us
- Donate to NORML – J Day costs us $1000’s to put on, we need your donations to keep doing this
- Join NORML – we need more helpers and activists, urgently!
- Help put up posters or distribute our J Day fliers
- Volunteer to help on the day – at the information booth, helping set up, tidying afterwards, crowd marshalls… contact your local J Day organiser to see what they need help with
- Bring a sign or banner or wear your favourite cannabis/hemp t shirt
- Support our supporters – buy something from the stalls, choose to shop at our sponsors
- Contact us