The 28th Annual J Day is on Saturday May 4th, 2019
NEW ZEALAND LOCATIONS:
WHANGAREI – Pohe Island
AUCKLAND – Albert Park (music and speakers, on the mightly JAFA Mafia sound system, plus market stalls and information booths. Artists and lineup TBC.)
HASTINGS – Library/ANZAC
TAUPO – The Black Shed
WELLINGTON – Frank Kitts Park
CHRISTCHURCH – Latimer Square
DUNEDIN – The Octagon
All events are R18 | Free | High Noon to 4:20pm
J Day is a worldwide protest against prohibition and a celebration of Kiwi cannabis culture, held on the first Saturday in May every year, in over 100 cities around the world. This is NORML’s 28th Annual national day of action supporting cannabis law reform, including safe legal access to medicinal cannabis.
NORML and our cannabis law reform friends organise free events nationwide to mark the occasion. These usually take the form of music, speeches and stalls in a park or suitable location. J Day is where you can meet like minded people, relax without fear, learn how you can help make cannabis legal, join NORML and meet us too!
For more information including the latest news, see:
How you can help:
- Spread the word – online and in real life. Share our artwork above by right-clicking or tap and save.
- Help organise a local event!
- Roll up and bring your buddies – don’t forget and bring a crew
- Be responsible and dress to impress – don’t give the haters and reason to hate us
- Donate to NORML – J Day costs us $1000’s to put on, we need your donations to keep doing this
- Join NORML – we need more helpers and activists, urgently!
- Help put up posters or distribute our J Day fliers
- Volunteer to help on the day – at the information booth, helping set up, tidying afterwards, crowd marshalls… contact your local J Day organiser to see what they need help with
- Bring a sign or banner or wear your favourite cannabis/hemp t shirt
- Support our supporters – buy something from the stalls, choose to shop at our sponsors
- Contact us
J Day in previous years:
NORML founded J Day way back in 1992, with the first ever national day of action held in cities throughout New Zealand. From 1999 we affiliated J Day with the Global Marijuana March, held the first Saturday in May, in over 100 cities all around the world.
The 25th Annual J Day in 2016 also marked 40 years of enforcing the Misuse of Drugs Act (took effect 1976) and 20 years of the ALCP (founded 1996)!