UPDATE: AUCKLAND J DAY (POSTPONED DUE TO WEATHER) HAS A NEW DATE: SATURDAY 2ND DECEMBER 2023 – STILL IN ALBERT PARK, HIGH NOON TO 4:20 >> FOR MORE INFO SEE facebook.com/nzjday
To apply for a market stall space, please contact us in plenty of time
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT AND CONTINUED SUPPORT. SPOT YOU THERE!
Show your support for cannabis law reform. Come to J Day, a free annual community event celebrating Aotearoa’s Kiwi cannabis culture and protesting against prohibition.
2023 J Day locations
Saturday 2 December:
- AUCKLAND [POSTPONED FROM MAY] – Albert Park (music and speakers, on the mighty JAFA Mafia sound system, plus market stalls and information booths)
Saturday 6 May:
- KAITAIA – Weekend Markets
- HASTINGS – Civic Square (near ANZAC Mem/Library)
- WELLINGTON – Frank Kitts Park (North)
- CHRISTCHURCH – Latimer Square
- DUNEDIN – The Octagon
J Day is R18 | Free | High Noon to 4:20pm
J Day is a worldwide protest against prohibition and a celebration of Kiwi cannabis culture, held on the first Saturday in May every year.
This will be NORML’s 31st Annual national day of action supporting cannabis law reform (J Day began in 1992 but was not held in 2020 due to Covid). We push for safe legal access, including to medicinal cannabis.
NORML and our cannabis law reform friends organise free events nationwide to mark the occasion. These usually take the form of music, speeches and stalls in a park or suitable location. J Day is where you can meet like minded people, relax without fear, learn how you can help make cannabis legal, join NORML and meet us too!
J Day is held outdoors. Due to the ongoing presence of Covid in the community we ask everyone to act responsibly and safely, for example:
+ staying home if unwell, symptomatic, or told to isolate.
+ not sharing joints or pipes;
+ wearing a face mask;
J Day on EventFinder:
How you can help
- Spread the word – online and in real life. Share our artwork above by right-clicking or tap and save.
- Help organise a local event!
- Roll up and bring your buddies – don’t forget and bring a crew
- Be responsible and dress to impress – don’t give the haters and reason to hate us
- Donate to NORML – J Day costs us $1000’s to put on, we need your donations to keep doing this
- Join NORML and other reform organisations – we need more helpers and activists, urgently!
- Help put up posters or distribute our J Day fliers
- Volunteer to help on the day – at the information booth, helping set up, tidying afterwards, crowd marshalls… contact your local J Day organiser to see what they need help with
- Bring a sign or banner or wear your favourite cannabis/hemp t shirt
- Support our supporters – buy something from the stalls, shop at our sponsors.