J Day is an international celebration of cannabis culture and protest against prohibition, with free events all over New Zealand.
NORML first organised J Day in 1992, it is now held in over 200 cities around the world on the first Saturday in May every year. All events start at High Noon, so don’t be late!
- Auckland – Albert Park
- Hamilton – Lake Domain Stage
- Whakatane – Historic Reserve
- Taupo – Northern Tongariro Domain
- New Plymouth – Bowl of Brooklands
- Hastings – ANZAC Memorial
- Wellington – Frank Kitts
- Christchurch – Bridge of Remembrance
- Dunedin – The Octagon
IT’S TIME FOR CHANGE
You are either one of NZ’s half-million pot smokers, or know one of them, or have been affected by our prohibition laws. It’s time to demand change!
Cannabis is the safer choice, and it should be regulated and taxed like alcohol. NORML has campaigned for over 30 years for sensible cannabis laws. Polls show a majority of Kiwis support ending prohibition. There are good reasons to believe we can finally do it, over the next 2-3 years:
- Colorado, Washington and Uruguay have regulated cannabis sales to adults, with more to come;
- NZ is leading the world with legal highs regulation;
- Gay marriage law reform has swept the world;
- Drug-War dissent at the highest levels of the UN;
- Elections in NZ and the US this year…
YOU CAN HELP
- Come to J Day on Saturday 3rd May, a celebration of cannabis culture with free events nationwide. Dress to impress. R18.
- Promote our 3 key campaign themes: It’s a health issue, not a crime; Safe legal access to medicinal cannabis; Regulate cannabis like alcohol.
- Help us promote J Day. Contact your local organiser for leaflets and posters. Help with banners. Organise some stalls.
- Know your rights. Learn the Statement to Police.
- Write or visit your MP – it does make a difference
- Like us at www.facebook.com/normlnz and follow us at www.twitter.com/normlnz
- See our website www.norml.org.nz
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donate to NORML NZ Inc: 12-3057-0594667-00