NORML’s 2014 annual conference is now being organised for May in Wellington.
It’s an exciting time for cannabis law reform because of:
- International developments including legalisation in Uruguay, Colorado and Washington;
- High level reviews of the UN drug control treaties from this month through to 2016;
- New Zealand’s National Drug Policy is also being reviewed, with less emphasis expected on law enforcement;
- New Zealand’s Misuse of Drugs Act will be subject to a “first principles” review later this year;
- New Zealand’s Psychoactive Substances Act is showing the world what sensible drug regulation looks like;
- And it’s election year!
NORML’s annual conference is a great way to meet activists, learn new skills, and contribute to our law reform strategy.
We are also holding a Special General Meeting by teleconference on Wednesday 12 March 2014, at 8pm. This is being held for the sole purpose of ratifying our 2012/3 set of accounts, which needs to be done now because our AGM has been delayed to May.
Both meetings are open to all current paid-up members of NORML New Zealand Inc. Please contact us if you would like to attend.