Come to J Day, an international day celebrating our cannabis culture and a protest against the failed War on Drugs.
All events are free, starting at High Noon and run to 4:20pm or so.
- Auckland – Albert Park. Features music and speakers, on the mighty JAFA Mafia sound system, plus market stalls and information booths.
- Hamilton – Riff Raff Statue, Victoria St
- Tauranga – Yatton Park
- Whakatane – Historic Reserve
- Taupo – The Black Shed, 10 Miro St.
- Hastings – ANZAC Memorial, by the Library
- New Plymouth – Bowl of Brooklands
- Wellington – Frank Kitts Park
- Christchurch – Cathedral Sq then ‘roll and stroll’ to Latimer Sq
- Dunedin – The Octagon
About J Day:
Are you one of NZ’s half-million pot smokers, or do you know one of them? Most Kiwis support cannabis law reform. It’s time to demand change! J Day is a celebration/protest – held every year since 1992 – in support of NORML’s three campaign goals:
- A health issue, not a crime: Cannabis consumers and producers should not be criminals. Concentrate resources on problematic abuse. Let the police focus on crime that matters.
- Safe legal access to medical cannabis: Medicinal cannabis is allowed in 23 states in the USA, Israel, Netherlands, Spain, Canada etc. Why not here?
- Regulate cannabis, the safer choice: Low-risk drugs like cannabis should be regulated via an adults-only, taxable market similar to that in 5 US states, Uruguay and the Netherlands, or the way alcohol is regulated here. There would be no market for synthetic alternatives if natural cannabis were legal.
How you can help:
- Come to J Day a celebration of cannabis culture with free events nationwide. Dress to impress. R18.
- Promote our 3 key campaign themes (above)
- Write or visit your MP – it does make a difference
- Like us on facebook (normlnz) and follow us on twitter (normlnz)
- Donate to NORML NZ Inc: 12-3057-0594667-00
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: J Day is R18, for adults only. No alcohol. No glass. No dogs. Please take your rubbish with you.
Big Thanks to our fellow organisers and sponsors: Green Cross, ALCP, Dunedin NORML, CLEAR, The Hempstore