NORML and friends have organised J Day events every year since 1992, and for the past twenty years held annually on the first Saturday in May.
J Day is a celebration of our cannabis culture, and a protest against prohibition. It’s the original “protestival”! Come along and learn about medicinal cannabis, hemp, and making adult use legal.
This year, 2019, J Day is on “Star Wars Day”, May the Forth (get it?). If you feel like dressing up in theme, you may get a prize! “Spark one up now and you will become more powerful than you could possibly imagine!”
Whangarei – Pohe Island
Auckland – Albert Park
Hastings – Anzac Memorial
Taupo – Black Shed
Wellington – Frank Kitts Park
Christchurch – Latimer Square
Dunedin – The Octagon
Read this important information:
- All events run High Noon to 4:20pm.
- J Day is R18, for adults only.
- No alcohol or glass. Please take your rubbish home with you.
- J Day events are FREE but please bring a donation to help with our costs. You can also put a donation into NORML’s account: (ASB) 12-3057-0594667-00. Let us know if you would like a tax receipt for donations over $50.
- Dress to impress – remember we are modelling how law reform will look, so be on-to-it, not out-of-it. Try a Star Wars theme for this year, as May the 4th is also Star Wars Day.
- Please support our vendors and sponsors, as without them there would be no J Day.
- Contact us if you would like to run a stall, help out, or sponsor an event.
- Tell your friends, bring your buddies, spread the word… let’s make this J Day HUGE.