J Day is a worldwide protest against prohibition and a celebration of Kiwi cannabis culture, held on the first Saturday in May every year. This is the 27th Annual national day of action supporting cannabis law reform, including safe legal access to medicinal cannabis.
NORML and our cannabis law reform friends organise free events nationwide to mark the occasion. These usually take the form of music, speeches and stalls in a park or suitable location. J Day is where you can meet like-minded people, relax without fear, learn how you can help make cannabis legal, join NORML and meet us too!
Auckland J Day in Albert Park features music and speakers, on the mightly JAFA Mafia sound system, plus market stalls and information booths. Artists and lineup TBC.
Other centres are also holding J Day events:
– Whangarei – TBC
– Hamilton – TBC
– Tauranga – TBC
– Hastings – ANZAC/Library
– Taupo – The Black Shed
– Wellington – TBC
– Nelson – TBC
– Christchurch – Cathedral Sq then ‘roll and stroll’ to Latimer Sq
– Dunedin – The Octagon
Note: No alcohol. No glass. No dogs. Please take your rubbish with you.
How you can help:
– Come to J Day a celebration of cannabis culture with free events nationwide. Dress to impress. R18.
– Help organise a local event
– Promote our key campaign themes (above)
– Write or visit your MP – it does make a difference
– Like us on facebook (normlnz) and follow us on twitter (@normlnz)
– Donate to NORML NZ Inc: 12-3057-0594667-00
– Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org