NORML NZ Conference and AGM
- Saturday 14 June 2014, 9:30am to 5pm
- Hotel Mercure, 345 The Terrace, Wellington.
Join us for our annual cannabis law reform conference – with cannabis reforms in Colorado, Washington and Uruguay, as well as review of the UN drug treaties, and NZ’s ongoing debate about regulating synthetic cannabis substitutes (and why not the real thing?), we are now closer than ever before. Don’t stand on the sidelines, join in this last big final push and together we can make it happen.
Live Stream on YouTube Part 1
Live Stream on YouTube Part 2
- The War on Drugs
- Alternatives to the Misuse of Drugs Act
- Medicinal cannabis
- How to get cannabis law reform: what we need to do now
- Workshops, speakers and experts from NORML, Green Cross, AUT, Victoria University, Auckland University, the NZ Drug Foundation, the Star Trust, Labour, the Greens, ALCP, and more.
Speakers & Experts include:
- Professor Max Abbott – organiser of The Great Marijuana Debate held in Auckland’s Town Hall in 1984; Pro-Vice Chancellor (North Shore) and Dean of Faculty of Health & Environmental Sciences, AUT University
- Dr Fiona Hutton – Snr Lecturer, Criminology, Victoria University
- Dr Kylee Quince – Senior Lecturer and Associate Dean (Maori), Auckland University
- Ross Bell – Director, New Zealand Drug Foundation
- Dr Geoff Noller – Consultant and researcher, Substance Use and Policy Analysis
- Kevin Hague – Green Party MP
- Iain Lees-Galloway – Labour Party MP
- Grant Hall – General Manager, The STAR Trust
- Chris Fowlie – President, NORML NZ Inc
- Rosie Baird – legal advisor, Green Cross NZ
- and more to be confirmed!
Download the conference programme here
NORML’s Annual General Meeting.
NORML New Zealand is an Incorporated Society. The Annual General Meeting is open to all current members, and decides policy remits and any constitutional changes, accepts minutes and accounts, and elects the Board of Directors. Nominations are open for the positions of President, Secretary, Treasurer and up to six other members of the Board. To check if your membership is current, please email us.
Registration is essential.
To register, complete the form below, then make your payment to confirm your registration.
Registration Fee: $50.00 (includes a light lunch) OR Early bird registration fee: $35.00 if paid by 8 June.
- Pay online to “NORML NZ Inc”, ASB account 12-3057-0594667-00 with your surname as a reference.
- Send your payment (cheque only – no cash) to NORML NZ Inc, PO Box 3307, Auckland 1140
- Or register now and pay on the day at Hotel Mercure (Cash only; EFTPOS not available).
- PLEASE NOTE: THE EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT IS NOW NO LONGER AVAILABLE, AND ONLY APPLIES IF PAID IN FULL BEFORE 8 JUNE.
Places are limited to 100 people. If we reach capacity, priority will be given to those who have already paid.
[contact-form-7 id=”1212″ title=”Conference Registration”]
Pay now to make it easier on the day
If you choose to pay on the day, the conference may sell out before you arrive and there may not be any room for you. We strongly advise paying before you arrive, to confirm your registration.
- Pay online to “NORML NZ Inc”, ASB account 12-3057-0594667-00
- Use your surname as a reference.
Let us know if you would like to be billeted (priority given to activists and members), or stay at the conference venue, Wellington’s Hotel Mercure at 345 The Terrace. There are great rooms available at a special discounted price. Call 04-385-9829 and use the booking code NORML1306.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a non-smoking venue.
For more information or to confirm your attendance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Can’t make it? Watch the Live Stream on YouTube
(right click to save or share)