Parliament unanimously passed the Government’s Medicinal Cannabis Amendment Bill, and the Health Select Committee has wasted no time in opening submissions from the public.
NORML will be writing a submission on the Bill, and this is your opportunity to also support safe legal access to medicinal cannabis!
How to make a submission
- Read the Parliamentary guide to making a submission.
- NORML has produced a guide to making your submission effective.
Submissions can be made directly on the Parliament website:
Or send an email to the Health Select Committee secretariat (email@example.com) or a write to:
The closing date for submissions is Wednesday, 21 March 2018.
- Press Release, Minister of Health David Clark
- Read the Misuse of Drugs (Medicinal Cannabis) Amendment Bill
- Follow progress of the Bill through Parliament
- NORML’s 4-point model for medicinal cannabis law reform
- What would Helen Kelly do?
- Medicinal cannabis Bill a step in the right direction, but a patient-focused approach would go further
- NZ Drug Foundation – Tell MPs you want improved access to medicinal cannabis
- NORML’s guide to making an effective submission on the 2018 Medicinal Cannabis Bill